Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Smoking Ban

Michigan is going Smoke Free may 1st, 2010. meaning that no longer will people be allowed to smoke in public places. personally i hate smoking. it is one of those things that i simply do not understand. let me breath smoke into my lungs so it makes me happy? doesn't make any sense to me. but i digress, so i am happy the ban is going into affect. however if we look at this from another direction it is really dumb. it is just another case of government taking rights away from people. if anything now it will cause that rebellious behavior and push the use of tobacco up. it boggles my mind that people cant smoke a cigarette outside of their house now but yet drinking is still allowed just about anywhere. even though smoking only effects the person ingesting it, but drinking can cause horrible destruction when people under the influence decide to go get some TB.

No comments: