Friday, April 23, 2010

Windows Terminal?

i am using a public terminal to type this with.

the entire purpose for getting on this windows machine at work is so that i could print off my pay stub. but they have it locked down so i cannot even save a document to the desktop to allow me to email it myself. i would try my flash drive but it is in my locker downstairs and i don't feel like walking all the way down there just so when i try it i am not able to access it. the reason i would need to email it to myself is because there is not a printer connected to either of these terminals because of the simple fact that people would destroy their ink reserves here at the hospital.

there used to be the library here that had printers, that associates could enter using their ID badges. since they renovated it, they have blocked out anyone who is not a Doctor from using the library. apparently the doc's were getting pissed they had to share their library with the other staff from the hospital. i would try and get my pay stubs at home but their website only works in IE, which is beyond stupid. i have a mac and there is not an IE for Macintosh. so i am restricted to a windows machine to check my pay stubs. they don't even allow for FireFox to access their website. what a brilliant idea Promedica web programmer.

so now i have to attempt to connect a printer to my windows partition on my mac just so i can print out a pay stub. kind of lame that the security on these terminals is so extreme. why not just allow for desktop saving of documents, but when the machine logs off it restores to the default empty desktop. this way i at least could email myself the saved HTML of the websites that contain my pay stubs.

i went to put a picture on this post and apparently i am not even allowed to open a new window. how lame is that. also i just found out i cannot create a document in google documents either. i fail to see the reason for those two things to be disallowed.

also, this keyboard fucking blows.

No comments: